AVEENO™ Naturally Active Ingredients
Ingredients derived from nature and activated by science to provide real skincare benefits. We are a leading innovator in the science of Naturally Active Ingredients unlocking the true potential of nature’s skin-enhancing secrets such as Oats
The unique story of the AVEENO™ brand began back in 1945 when two entrepreneurs developed the first AVEENO™ Soothing Bath Treatment, containing colloidal (very finely milled) oatmeal. All AVEENO™ body products still contain naturally active colloidal oatmeal and/or oat extracts to this day.
The oat essence- Avenanthramides - are chemical compounds isolated directly from oats through a careful extraction process and has the most anti-irritant properties of all oat extracts.
The oat oil is a separate component produced from oats through an environmentally friendly extraction process.
Oatmeal baths have long been recommended for people with a variety of sensitive skin conditions, providing a soothing effect while improving the skins protective barrier.
The Benefits of Oats
Oats are well known for their many skincare benefits; providing relief to those suffering with dry skin by helping moisturise and soothe irritated skin.
- Moisturises: restores moisture to dehydrated skin
- Soothes: oatmeal has a soothing action on sensitive, irritable skin.
- Protects: creates a protective film on the surface of the skin.
- Buffers: helps return skin to normal pH levels.
- Cleanses: the oat particles adhere to dirt and dead skin cells allowing them to be washed away